Authentic Genuine Jewellery
Bringing authentic ancient jewellery back to life for you to wear as in Antiquity.
Great gift ideas for men, women and children.
Certificate of Authenticity with Every Item
- We do not repair, restore, resize, reproduce or change our ancient jewelry in any way whatsoever.
- However, we do professionally clean many of the items we sell.
- We gently clean these authentic antiquities so you can enjoy and wear them as when they were first made.
- The cleaning process is gentle. You will still see the scratches, dents, nicks etc that each piece has uniquely obtained in its history. It is the story of each piece. It is its life history.
- If we think an item of ancient jewellery or an antiquity cannot be cleaned without damaging it, then we simply do not attempt to do so.
- Some pieces still have enamel or gilt remaining on the surface. We sell these in their original state without cleaning which would undoubtedly damage the item.
- We show many of the pieces with their patina before cleaning, so you can see their true authenticity. You can see the BEFORE cleaning pictures with each item.
- We know collectors require their authentic ancient jewellery uncleaned, and that this has been the norm, so we do have some items of ancient jewelry with their patina. But we also know that many customers want to be able to wear these historic pieces in their original lustre.
- We get great delight and it is our passion to bring this ancient jewellery back to life.
- We do not want to wear jewellery that has a green patina, or that has earth still clinging to it. We want to wear it in all its true splendour. Why not?
Authentic Ancient Jewellery History
Throughout time , mankind has created decorative ancient jewellery based on their individual choice. Customarily, genuine authentic ancient jewellery exhibits a unique persona, offers powerful imaginative illustrations, and includes abundant social assets by means of content and appearance. Nevertheless, traditionally many jewelry objects were initially produced as a method of fastening a person's garments, the exhibition of prosperity and standing in society along with developing storage devices for loose change along with trinkets in jewelry containers. It could be observed that numerous cultures possess their very own much-loved wealthy belongings of gold jewellery and silver jewellery and gemstones. In the past, marriage dowries incorporated these kinds of treasures such as family treasures for a daughter planning to be betrothed.
Stylistic advancement through the Earlier Oriental to Hellenistic-Romano styles functioned as a foundation for the stylistic adjustments to the skill of creating jewelry. Apart from its outer beauty qualities, each jewellery item carries a second, inner lifestyle stimulated by its semantic value and imagined via one's thoughts, instinct or cosmetic sense. Each artifact functions as a symbol of facts. Apotropeic symbols, loaned from everyday living, epochs, or beliefs, and found in the skill of authentic ancient jewelry creation, transported a particular enchanting meaning. Many of the most well-known jewellery creators were the ancient Egyptians, who commenced integrating gold within their jewelry, that was amongst one of their preferred precious metals to utilize, roughly 3,000 to 5,000 in the past. In the mean time, the early Romans included their very own unique talent of innovative craftsmanship into creating jewelry designs, like the desirable brooch/fibula. But interestingly, their particular pinning invention was born of the necessity for safely and securely fastening their garments.
The ancient Romans were extremely keen on foreign merchandise and made wonderful use of these kinds of gem stones like diamonds, amber, sapphires and emeralds in their Roman rings and other pieces. Even though the majority of Roman males wore one ring on a finger, on the other hand, there were several who donned far more, the females typically wore a good many more pieces of jewellery compared to the men. Rings associated with that period were frequently hand carved of lovely gemstones, and used for sealing papers with an imprinted wax seal, as was normal throughout antiquity by noblemen and kings alike. Interest in a specific legendary storyline ended up being attached to the very spirit of the given time period, because the jeweller resided through it and would have also been profoundly associated with the current activities.
The skill replicated the master's passions as to what was at this time occurring within the community. Through the development of authentic ancient jewelry you are able to track not only the historical and social condition, but additionally economic, governmental and cultural facets of ancient societies, in addition to symbolism and semantics of the artwork generated. The traditional professionals used numerous methods, including casting, filigree, inlaying and granulation, to name a few. Particular components of jewelry offer testament to the innovative creative skills of the jewelers. Amongst precious and semi-precious stones utilized by jewelers in the historical community typically the most popular were garnets, rubies, cornelian stones, pearl jewelry and emeralds.